RYA Powerboat Level 1
The first in the RYA Powerboat training scheme, this one-day course offers a taster and introduction to the sport of powerboating. It is suitable for complete beginners.
The Powerboat Level 1 is a short one day course, run from 0930 to 1700 hrs. We run this popular course most weekends and some weekdays.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a minimum age of 8 years applies. Complete powerboating beginners will find this course a useful introduction to the sport.
Your Instructor will start by showing you the basics of boat handling and ensure that you spend several hours on the wheel as well as crewing for the other students.
For those who want a bit more speed, there will be an opportunity for some high speed handling in the afternoon. The student to instructor ratio will not exceed 3 to 1. Students will receive the RYA Powerboat Level 1 Certificate, but for those who want to take up powerboating or require a licence for insurance purposes, we strongly recommend the full two day combined RYA Level 1 & 2 Powerboat Course instead.
- Use of a powerboat and fuel
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Level 1 Powerboat Certificate
- Free Parking ( Subject to terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)
- Lunch (available to buy locally)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
As a flexible course, there are many ways to book:
You can book as an individual on to either a standard or youth course, as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can book as a whole family or group (up to 3 students per boat).
|Time||Start Date||Location||Make Enquiry|
|We don't currently have any scheduled dates for this course. We can almost certainly still help, for, availability, and booking, please call the office on 02380 231122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Those dates don't work for me. Can you set up a 1:1 or private course?||Yes! Click to send us an e-mail|
|I want you to run this course at my location (good for groups and clubs). Can you?||Click to e-mail us your enquiry|
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to make a booking. If you have a group of people, we offer a small discount the more you bring along.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More