Our powerboat training falls into three disciplines; open powerboats (up to 10m), motor cruisers (over 10m) and personal watercraft (Jet Skis). We run the full range of RYA courses in each discipline. We also offer a range of BWS Ski Boat Driver and BSAC dive boat operator courses.Learn More
Our RYA sailing courses fall into two disciplines - keelboating and sail cruising. Yacht sailing can be inshore, offshore or trans ocean. Bareboat and skippered charter are available. We also compete in a large number of International yacht racing events on both sides of the Atlantic.Learn More
We offer a wide range of support courses in First Aid, safety, communications, boat care, navigation and meteorology. A lot of courses lead to world recognised RYA, STCW or HSE qualifications, others are Stormforce specific courses such as 12-volt electric or Weather for Yachtsmen.Learn More
How do you fancy teaching boating to others? We train hundreds of sailing and powerboat instructors every year across all disciplines. Join a short instructor course or a fast-track instructor programme.Learn More
FAST TRACK COURSES
A range of modular training courses to allow sailors and power boaters to fast track their way into our industry. These courses work because they consolidate all of the necessary training into a short time period and we run with a low ratio of students to instructor.Learn More
SUPER YACHT TRAINING
Thousands of new crew are attracted by the sunshine, high salaries and global travel of the super yacht industry. If this appeals to you then there is no question that you need the right training on your CV before anyone will even consider you.Learn More
RYA PWC Proficiency
The RYA Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) Proficiency course is aimed at first time and experienced riders alike. Increasingly the certificate is required for launching in UK harbours; it may also be needed if you want to drive jet skis abroad. Many insurance companies insist upon it before they will insure you and some lower their premiums if you hold it. The course provides a good grounding in jet ski techniques.
1 Day 09:30 to 16:30.
- Ability to swim at least 50m
- Minimum age 12 (certificates for under 16s will be endorsed)
- Reasonable physical fitness (this course is not suitable if you are pregnant or suffer from back problems. If you're in doubt, please consult your GP).
This course takes place on our Seadoo Sparks. The day includes:
- Close quarter handling
- Lots of high speed handling
- Capsize drill
- Time trials
- After care
- Passage planning
- If you require the International European Licence (ICC), we can take care of that at the same time.
Watch this video for a taster of what you'll be covering!
- Use of our skis (maximum of 2 students per ski)
- RYA PWC Proficiency Certificate
- RYA PWC Handbook
- Loan of an impact vest
- Safety cover
- Free parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Use of a wetsuit and spray top (£5 to hire from us for a day)
- RYA PWC ICC (International Licence) £43 or free to RYA members
We can teach this course either on our own skis or on the students' own. The course runs most weekends; the dates listed below are only a few of the dates available. If the dates listed are not convenient, please contact us as we may be able to arrange some dates to suit you.
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
We run our PWC courses from Shamrock Quay Marina on the Itchen River, just a short distance from Southampton Water and the Solent. This gives our students the opportunity to experience different conditions, rules and traffic regulations. We have 10 PWC instructors on our full time staff meaning we do not have to rely on external contractors and can offer our customers a consistently high quality course.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More