RYA PWC Proficiency
The RYA Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) Proficiency course is aimed at first time and experienced riders alike. Increasingly the certificate is required for launching in UK harbours; it may also be needed if you want to drive jet skis abroad. Many insurance companies insist upon it before they will insure you and some lower their premiums if you hold it. The course provides a good grounding in jet ski techniques.
1 Day 09:30 to 16:30.
- Ability to swim at least 50m
- Minimum age 12 (certificates for under 16s will be endorsed)
- Reasonable physical fitness (this course is not suitable if you are pregnant or suffer from back problems. If you're in doubt, please consult your GP).
This course takes place on our Seadoo Sparks. The day includes:
- Close quarter handling
- Lots of high speed handling
- Capsize drill
- Time trials
- After care
- Passage planning
- If you require the International European Licence (ICC), we can take care of that at the same time.
Watch this video for a taster of what you'll be covering!
- Use of our skis (maximum of 2 students per ski)
- RYA PWC Proficiency Certificate
- RYA PWC Handbook
- Loan of an impact vest
- Safety cover
- Free parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Use of a wetsuit and spray top (£5 to hire from us for a day)
- RYA PWC ICC (International Licence) £43 or free to RYA members
We can teach this course either on our own skis or on the students' own. The course runs most weekends; the dates listed below are only a few of the dates available. If the dates listed are not convenient, please contact us as we may be able to arrange some dates to suit you.
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
We run our PWC courses from Shamrock Quay Marina on the Itchen River, just a short distance from Southampton Water and the Solent. This gives our students the opportunity to experience different conditions, rules and traffic regulations. We have 10 PWC instructors on our full time staff meaning we do not have to rely on external contractors and can offer our customers a consistently high quality course.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More