RYA Powerboat Advanced Instructor
To train existing RYA Powerboat Instructors in the techniques needed to enable them to deliver the RYA Tender Operator, Intermediate and Advanced Courses. Successful candidates become qualified to:
- Instruct the RYA Powerboat Tender Operator Course
- Instruct the RYA Intermediate Powerboat Course
- Instruct the RYA Advanced Powerboat Course
- Prepare MCA Advanced Power Cert. of Competence Exam Candidates
- Deliver off-site own-boat tuition for all levels
- Become an Advanced Powerboat Centre Chief Instructor
DAY 1 HOURS
- Day 1 Start Time- 0930
- Day 1 Finish Time- 3 to 4 hours after dusk (2000 in December, much later in June)
DAY 2 HOURS
- Winter - 0930 to 1700
- Summer - A shorter day as we will have covered more of the syllabus the preceding day
- Minimum Age 18
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RYA (or similar) First Aid
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate
- MCA Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence (or YM Coastal or Offshore Power CoC)
- RYA Short Range Certificate (or higher GMDSS certificate)
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased (or equivalent knowledge)
- Experience of putting the above knowledge into practice
- Ability to demonstrate effective and safe high speed night pilotage/navigation
- RYA Member (join here)
During the two days we will discuss the different techniques used to deliver the RYA Tender Operater, RYA Intermediate and RYA Advanced courses. In particular we will focus on the night exercise and on coaching methods for drivers who have existing skills.
- 2 days and a night of instruction
- Use of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket and light
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£5 hire per day)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
The dates below denotes the first day of the two day course. There is a night exercise on the first evening.
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Powerboat Instructor and Advanced Powerboat Instructor Courses are taught by Powerboat Trainers. We are one of only a very few companies in the world that has two Powerboat Trainers on its full time permanent staff. This means we do not have to rely on contractors and can be much more flexible with dates. It also means we are able to look after customers rather than relying on a outside contracted Trainer to come in and run the course.
As we run more Advanced Powerboat Courses and Advanced Power Certificate of Competence Exams than the vast majority of centres we are better equipped than most to train you how to run these courses.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More