RYA Keelboat Racing Instructor
This endorsement is for those existing RYA Keelboat Instructors who have experience of Club Racing and would like to teach racing skills through the RYA Racing Courses. Successful candidates will become qualified to instruct the RYA Start Racing Course and, assuming they have appropriate experience, will also be able to coach the RYA Intermediate Racing and RYA Advanced Racing Courses.
This is a 2 day course, running from 0930 to 1700 each day
In order to become an RYA Racing Instructor, candidates should hold the following experience / qualifications:
- RYA Keelboat Instructor
- In date First Aid Certificate
- Have competed in at least 9 Club Races
- Have assisted a club race officer at least once
- RYA Membership (join here)
Successful candidates will become qualified to teach RYA Racing Courses in keelboats. If a candidate is also a dinghy and/or multihull Instructor, then he/she will also be able to teach racing courses in those disciplines.
Although each candidate has the opportunity to deliver a pre-prepared short talk on a subject of their choice, the course focuses much more heavily on practical sessions. The practical sections of this course usually focus on a specific part of racing (i.e. windward mark rounding, upwind tactics, start line bias and so on). The aim is for the candidates to run lots of short sessions afloat. The course includes:
- Structure of the RYA racing courses and scheme
- Preparation & management of racing courses
- Instructional techniques
- Use of race training exercises
- Personal development
On successful completion, the candidates’ logbook will be signed by the Coach/Assessor.
- 2 days shared use of our keelboats
- 2 days coaching
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Use of wet weather gear (this is available to hire from £5 per day)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Stormforce Coaching is one of only a few RYA centres on the planet to run Racing Instructor Training, particularly in keelboats. Adding this Instructor qualification to your CV makes you more versatile as an Instructor and therefore more employable. Our fleet of three equally matched performance SB20 keelboats are ideally suited to this course.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More