RYA Keelboat Instructor
The RYA's National Sailing Scheme can be taught in dinghies, multihulls or small keelboats and existing instructor qualifications can be endorsed accordingly. Here at Stormforce Coaching, we run our instructor courses in keelboats.
If you are considering a career as a instructor, the RYA Keelboat Instructor course is a good place to start. Training within the RYA Sailing scheme is progressive: develop your skills as you work through the full range of Instructor courses with Stormforce Coaching.
This course aims to develop you as a successful RYA Keelboat Instructor. You will leave as a competent, experienced sailor who is qualified to teach adults and children, beginners and improvers.
It is important to note that an Instructor has not yet been assessed as being competent to run a sailing centre and should always work under the supervision of an RYA Senior Instructor (or the Chief Instructor of a Keelboat Training Centre).
5 days - 09.30 to 18.00, with homework most evenings.
This course is usually run Monday to Friday or spread over multiple weekends to suit.
- Minimum age 16 years
- RYA First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- RYA Keelboat Pre Entry (passed within the year prior to the instructor course)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Safe and Fun Course Certificate (short online course)
- RYA Membership (join here)
The course covers training in teaching techniques afloat and ashore, in order to prepare candidates to instruct the RYA National Sailing Scheme.
Anyone who passes an Instructor Course with us is automatically qualified for inland and coastal instructing.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More