Sports Boat Instructor Fast-Track Level 2 Module
The Stormforce Coaching Sports Boat Instructor Level 2 Fast-Track programme is the only only fast-track course in the world that trains you as both a BSAC and RYA Powerboat and Jet-Ski Instructor. This Level 2 module builds upon the Professional Sports Boat Driver Foundation Fast-Track Module to qualify you to teach the activities you learnt in the earlier modules.
If you are fed up with the office and looking for a change in career, then maybe teaching power boating could be for you. This 15 day course develops your powerboat, jet-ski and navigation skills and then teaches you how to deliver these courses to other people. By the end of course you could be qualified to instruct:
- RYA Powerboat Levels 1 and 2
- RYA ICC and CEVNI
- RYA Safetyboat (if you already hold the Safetyboat Award)
- RYA PWC Proficiency (Jet Ski)
- BSAC Boat Handling
- BSAC Chart Work and Position Fixing
Students from this course become fully trained and qualified to instruct the range of courses above at RYA and BSAC accredited centres in a very short period of time. These qualifications are respected both here in the UK and the world over. The RYA is by far the largest powerboat and Jet Ski training organisation on the planet. Throughout your time with us, there will be various assessments of your skills and we will work hard to ensure you are well equipped to pass the various courses.
The Fast-Track Sports Boat Instructor course consists of fifteen days and one evening of contact time. It naturally follows on from the Sports Boat Driver Foundation Module and can be run consecutively with this course if required. If you would prefer to break the module(s) into several chunks and spread them over a longer time period, this is possible by arrangement. Please contact one of our course advisers on 02380 231122 to discuss your preferences.
The Fast-Track Sports Boat Instructor course is a comprehensive training course that qualifies candidates to a high level in a short period of time. For this reason, there are certain pre-requisites to attending the training:
- You should be a minimum age of 17
- Students must have successfully completed the Professional Sports Boat Driver Foundation Module (or have gained similar experience and qualifications via different means)
- Some experience is necessary (exact level to be discussed with our Principal or Chief Instructor)
The Fast Track Sports Boat Instructor course is a comprehensive training package incorporating many individual RYA and BSAC courses. During the programme, candidates will complete the following courses:
- Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) Training
- RYA International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased
- RYA Advanced Powerboat
- RYA Diesel
- BSAC Diver Cox'n Award
- RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Test
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RYA PWC (Jet Ski) Instructor
- BSAC Boat Handling Instructor
The comprehensive Fast-Track Sports Boat Instructor programme includes:
- All of the above training
- Certification (unless detailed below)
- Use of Stormforce Coaching RIBs and Jet Skis
- Loan of a life jacket
- 2 RYA Training Charts
- RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased Handbook
- RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased Exercises publication
- Chart Plotter CD ROM (for PC)
- RYA Diesel Course Notes
- Free parking at our Shamrock Quay Marina Training Centre ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
As part of the programme, there will be some licence and membership fees payable directly to the external governing bodies of the courses, including:
- RYA Membership (join here) £40
- BSAC Membership
- BSAC Diver Cox'n Certifictaion Fee (optional)
You may also like to bring wet weather gear and wetsuit (you are welcome to bring your own or hire ours for £30 for the entire course)
The Fast-Track Sports Boat Instructor course will qualify you to work as a Powerboat and Jet Ski Instructor. However, certain jobs may demand additional qualifications. We can help you to achieve these by tailoring your programme to suit your needs. Add any of the following courses to the standard package:
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work Certification (£12)
- MCA Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence (3 days)
- RYA Radar (1 day)
If the dates below do not suit, or you would prefer to break the course into smaller chunks, please contact us to discuss alternatives. We are happy to run flexible courses to suit your diary wherever possible.
Is this course for me?
If you are considering a career teaching power boating or jet skiing and want to gain the necessary qualifications in a short period of time, this is the course for you.
If you are unsure whether this course is suitable for you, please feel free to telephone one of our course advisers to discuss on 02380 231122.
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
At Stormforce Coaching, we are the only training centre in the world that has the staff in house to run this level of training. Our team of full time Instructors are among the most highly qualified and specialised in this field in the world, meaning you will learn from the very best. We do not need to contract any part of the programme out to third parties, so can take full responsibility for the quality of the training that you will receive. For this reason, we are confident that you will receive the highest level of training possible and will emerge having gained what you need to embark on a new career. We are passionate about power boating and are a market leader in Powerboat and PWC Instructor training and hope that you will share our love of the sport and, most of all, enjoy your training with us.
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to make a booking.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More