RYA Powerboat Instructor Coastal Endorsement
If you took your original RYA Powerboat Instructor Course at an Inland Centre you will only be qualified to teach at Inland Centres/locations. Clearly this restricts the amount of work avaliable to you and your versitility as an Instructor. This course covers instructing at coastal locations and will upgrade your qualification. (If you took your original course with us or another coastal centre you are already qualified to teach inland and coastal courses).
One Day - 0930 to 1700hrs
- RYA Powerboat Instructor (Inland)
- In Date First Aid certificate
- Ability to demonstrate all Powerboat Level 2 skills in a tidal environment
- Understanding of all Powerboat Level 2 subjects
- Minimum Age 16 years
- RYA Member (join here)
- RYA SRC Short Range Certificate (not compulsary but reccomended)
This course covers the teaching of tides, bouyage, distress procedures, effects of coastal weather, safety equipment and of course all of the manoeuvres at a coastal location. You will be asked to deliver a short talk and to demonstrate your boat handling skills. A certain amount of the day is given over to discussion on course planning, teaching practical navigation, handling rougher conditions and communications.
- 1 day of training & assessment
- Use of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- 1 Year free introductory RNLI membership
- Free parking on site
What's Not Included:
- Use of wet weather gear (£5 hire per day)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Individual Person Price: £199
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More
- Stormforce Students' Shackleton Epic Adventure Success! More