Yacht Sailing Instructor Preparation
Before joining the RYA Yachtmaster Instructor Course (run centrally by the RYA) some RYA Cruising Instructors feel a little rusty on some of the "Yachtmaster Skills."
This five day course is run by one of our Senior Instructors and specifically coaches you on the Yachtmaster Skills that you will be expected to be proficent at, when you join the actual Yachtmaster Instructor Course with the RYA.
This course does not lead to any certification, it is intended to coach you. The focus is on hard skills as opposed to Instructor training. It is particularly popular with those Cruising Instructors who normally operate in non-tidal waters and need to refresh sailing in tides.
5 Days live aboard (0930 on Day 1 to 1600 on Day 5).
- 7,000 miles logged
- RYA Cruising Instructor
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore (with commercial endorsement)
- First Aid
- Minimum of a year full time or two seasons part time as a RYA Cruising Instructor (strongly recommended)
Yachtmaster Offshore Skills coached to a higher level including boat handling (power and sail), pilotage, passage planning, navigation, safety, skippering supporting knowledge and understanding.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More