Motor Yacht Instructor Preparation
Some candidates feel a little rusty prior to attending the RYA Yachtmaster Power Instructor Course and require a refresher; this course is useful for refreshing your hard skills prior to Instructor Training. We recommend this week is followed by the RYA Yachtmaster Instructor Course as soon as possible.
This course does not lead to any certification. The focus is on hard skills as opposed to Instructor training.
4 Days - (0900 on Day 1 to 1600 on Day 4).
Before undertaking this course, you should have:
- 7,000 miles logged
- RYA Motor Cruising Instructor
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore (with commercial endorsement)
- First Aid
- RYA Membership (join here)
- Minimum of a year full time (or two seasons part time) as an RYA Cruising Instructor (strongly recommended)
Yachtmaster Offshore skills coached to a higher level including boat handling, pilotage, passage planning, navigation, safety, use of radar, diesel engines, skippering, supporting knowledge and understanding.
- 4-days use of our motor cruiser
- 4-days of instruction
- 3-nights accommodation on board
- Diesel and on board consumables
- Breakfast, lunch, tea/coffee and snacks on board
- Free berthing at the home port
- Free parking at our marina ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Evening meals (usually eaten ashore)
- Berthing away from the home port (shared equally among the crew if they want to stay elsewhere)
- Wet Weather gear (£5/day to hire from us)
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to make a booking.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More