RYA Day Skipper Power / ICC
The RYA Day Skipper Power Course includes boat handling safety and navigation skills and is aimed at new motor cruiser skippers. Anyone who achieves the Day Skipper Power is automatically eligible for the ICC (International Licence) for powered craft up to 24m. Those who have previously completed the Day Skipper Shorebased are likely to attain the Day Skipper Power (and ICC) by the end of this practical course. Those who have not previously completed the Day Skipper Shorebased are likely to attain the ICC (power 24m) by the end of these 4 days.
The course helps to develop candidates' skills to enable them to skipper a motor cruiser in familiar waters by day.
- 0930 start each day
- 1800 finish most days with a night exercise (finishing 4 hours after dusk) one evening
- 2 days onboard a motor cruiser
- Basic navigation and helming skills
- Day Skipper Shorebased Course before taking this practical course (recommended)
This four-day course gives you the chance to take charge of a motor yacht on short passages, under instruction. You will concentrate on pilotage, boat handling, seamanship and navigation. As our courses are in tidal waters, your certificate will be endorsed accordingly. The course also includes a night exercise.
- 4-days use of our motor cruiser
- 4-days of instruction
- Diesel and onboard consumables
- Lunch, tea/coffee and snacks onboard each day
- Dinner onboard for the night exercise
- RYA Day Skipper Power Certificate
- Free parking at our marina centre ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet Weather gear (£5 per day to hire from us)
- ICC (International Certificate of Competence) Power 24m Certificate (£40 or free to RYA members)
See the below dates for the 4-day course (generally run Monday to Thursday) and the split weekend course dates. Split weekenders are run on the first 2 weekends of each month, except April which runs over the Bank Holiday (Friday to Monday).
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More