RYA Keelboat Senior Instructor
For experienced RYA Keelboat Instructors who will be managing larger fleets or managing several courses at once; this is the minimum qualification required by an RYA Chief Instructor. Professional Keelboat Instructors should aim to attain at least this qualification if they wish to progress within the industry. Larger training centres always have several Senior Instructors, whilst smaller centres and clubs still need at least one RYA Senior Instructor to maintain their RYA recognition. The Senior Instructor qualification will instantly make you more employable.
If you are also an existing Dinghy, Multihull or Windsurf Instructor, passing this course will automatically qualify you as a Senior Instructor in these disciplines, as well.
This is a four day course, which runs from 0930 to 1800hrs, with some additional evening study and pre-course preparation.
As a higher level course, you will need to have a certain level of experience in order to take the Senior Keelboat Instructor course:
- RYA Keelboat Instructor
- In Date First Aid Certificate
- RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Safe & Fun Course Certificate
- Recommendation from an RYA Principal
- Minimum Age 18 years
- Two season's instructing experience (or one year full)
- RYA Membership (join here)
Time is spent both ashore and afloat in a variety of craft. The course will address fleet management, instructor management, improved coaching, improved de-briefing, safety, centre management and running Assistant Instructor training.
- 4 days shared use of our keelboats
- 4 days coaching from 2 RYA Keelboat Coach Assessors
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free parking ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Hire of wet weather gear (available to hire for £5 per day, if required)
- Lunch (available to buy locally)
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Stormforce Coaching is one of a very few select centres in the world to run this course. This is a rare course, and we run a handful each year.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More