RYA Coastal Skipper Power
An advanced course for motor boat skippers.
Learn how to skipper a motor cruiser on coastal passages by day and night.
Five consecutive days live aboard, from 0930 on day 1 to 1600 on day 5.
- 15 days on board
- 2 days as skipper
- 300 miles, 8 night hours
- Boat handling to the standard of the RYA Dayskipper Motor
- Navigation to the standard of the RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased
- RYA Short Range Certificate
This five-day course is for the more ambitious motor cruising skipper wanting to undertake coastal or offshore passages by day and night. On the course each trainee will skipper a passage in a variety of situations and learn more about safety, passage planning, pilotage by day and night, boat handling and emergency situations. The course is taken in tidal waters and you will be equipped to operate in tidal and non tidal waters.
- 5 days use of our motor cruiser
- 5 days of instruction
- 4 nights accommodation on board
- Diesel and on board consumables
- Breakfast, lunch, tea/coffee and snacks on board
- Free berthing at the home port
- RYA Coastalskipper Power Certificate
- Free parking at our marina ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Evening meals (usually eaten ashore)
- Berthing away from the home port (shared equally among the crew if they would like to stay elsewhere)
- Wet weather gear (£5/day to hire from us)
- ICC (International Certificate of Competence) Power 24m Certificate from the RYA £40 (free to RYA members)
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More