RYA Coastal Skipper Power
An advanced course for motor boat skippers.
Learn how to skipper a motor cruiser on coastal passages by day and night.
Five consecutive days live aboard, from 0930 on day 1 to 1600 on day 5.
- 15 days on board
- 2 days as skipper
- 300 miles, 8 night hours
- Boat handling to the standard of the RYA Dayskipper Motor
- Navigation to the standard of the RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased
- RYA Short Range Certificate
This five-day course is for the more ambitious motor cruising skipper wanting to undertake coastal or offshore passages by day and night. On the course each trainee will skipper a passage in a variety of situations and learn more about safety, passage planning, pilotage by day and night, boat handling and emergency situations. The course is taken in tidal waters and your certificate will be endorsed accordingly.
- 5 days use of our motor cruiser
- 5 days of instruction
- 4 nights accommodation on board
- Diesel and on board consumables
- Breakfast, lunch, tea/coffee and snacks on board
- Free berthing at the home port
- RYA Coastalskipper Power Certificate
- 1 year's free introductory RNLI membership
- Free parking at our marina
What's Not Included:
- Evening meals (usually eaten ashore)
- Berthing away from the home port (shared equally among the crew if they would like to stay elsewhere)
- Wet weather gear (£5/day to hire from us)
- ICC (International Certificate of Competence) Power 24m Certificate from the RYA £40 or free to RYA members
Individual Person Price: £1150
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Team Stormforce take home a trophy from the Manches Cup! More
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More