Antigua Sailing Week 2017
The 50th year of this International Yachting Event is run back to back with the Round Antigua Race
One of the biggest events of the Caribbean Season, Antigua Sailing Week, attracts over 200 yachts of all sizes to race in a series of long and short courses, in moderate, fresh winds and tropical sunshine. The evening social programme lives up to the true Caribbean party reputation, where rum is plentiful. Where would you rather be in April?
We have previously won this event and will be sending the same skipper out for the 2017 event. We are confident that with our race ready yacht, experienced skipper and an enthusiastic team on board, we will be well placed in the regatta. This page is for the 'Buy a Berth' package, which is for people looking to buy individual places on board our yacht (or 2-3 places). We also offer whole boat charter for teams looking to hire an entire boat plus skipper.
While some crews are languishing aboard the yachts at night in the tropical heat we suggest our team each book accommodation locally. We can recommend (and warn off) several options so crew members can select accommodation according to their own needs and budget.
Whether you have racing experience or not, you have the chance to be part of the team and work hard and play hard for 11 days in the tropics. This is an eleven-day package that includes two race events and pre-race training. The Round Antigua Race is a stand alone race that takes place the day before the actual Antigua Sailing Week regatta.
11 Days from the 26 April - 7 May 2017
Each crew member will come to the event with different levels of experience; we must emphasise that we are not looking for a team of old hands; we would prefer a cross section of abilities and experience. As pre-requisites, we would expect crew to have:
- A minimum of 5 days and 2 nights experience on board a yacht.
- A minimum of 100 miles experience aboard a sailing yacht.
- A minimum of having crewed 2 sailing races (can be dinghy or yacht).
- RYA Competent Crew or higher level certificate or equivalent experience.
In reality, most crew members have considerably more experience than that stated above. Please speak to a course advisor to discuss whether you have suitable experience.
- 26 April - Arrive in Antigua
- 27 - 29 April - On board training
- 30 April - Round Antigua Race
- 1 - 3 May - Antigua Sailing Week days 1 to 3
- 4 May - Lay Day
- 5 - 6 May - Antigua Sailing Week days 4 and 5 and Prize Giving
- 7 May - Depart
- 3 days of pre-event race training in Antigua
- 1 day "Yachting World" Round Antigua Race
- 5 days of Regatta racing
- Lay day mid-week
- Experienced racing skipper and mate on board
- Berthing in Antigua
- Race entry fees
- Entry to prize giving
- On board soft drinks & lunches
- General boat expenses (berthing, diesel, gas etc.)
- Crew shirt to wear for the event and take home as a momento
What's Not Included:
- Accommodation ashore
- Breakfasts and dinners (all eaten ashore).
- Flights and transfers
Preferential rates are available for teams and whole crews who wish to charter a yacht and a skipper.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More