Antigua Sailing Week 2018
The 51st year of this International Yachting Event is run back to back with the Round Antigua Race
One of the biggest events of the Caribbean Season, Antigua Sailing Week, attracts over 200 yachts of all sizes to race in a series of long and short courses, in moderate, fresh winds and tropical sunshine. The evening social programme lives up to the true Caribbean party reputation, where rum is plentiful. Where would you rather be in April?
We have previously won this event and will be sending the same skipper out for the 2018 event. We are confident that with our race ready yacht, experienced skipper and an enthusiastic team on board, we will be well placed in the regatta. YOU can book an individual berth on board our yacht or if you ahve your own team you can charter the whole yacht with skipper or owner's representative onboard.
While some crews are languishing aboard the yachts at night in the tropical heat we suggest our teams each book accommodation locally. We can recommend (and warn off) several options so crew members can select accommodation according to their own needs and budget, (accomadation onboard is possible however if you are on a budget)
Whether you have racing experience or not, you have the chance to be part of the team and work hard and play hard for 10 days in the tropics. This is an ten-day package that includes two race events and pre-race training. The Round Antigua Race is a stand alone race that takes place the day before the actual Antigua Sailing Week regatta.
9 Days, 10 nights
Each crew member will come to the event with different levels of experience; we must emphasise that we are not looking for a team of old hands; we would prefer a cross section of abilities and experience. As pre-requisites, we would expect crew to have:
- A minimum of 5 days and 2 nights experience on board a yacht.
- A minimum of 100 miles experience aboard a sailing yacht.
- RYA Competent Crew or higher level certificate or equivalent experience.
In reality, some crew members have considerably more experience than that stated above. Please speak to a course advisor to discuss whether you have suitable experience.
- Wed 25 April 2018 - Arrive in Antigua (meet onboard 1800)
- Thur 26 April - Race Training
- Fri 27 April - Race Training
- Sat 28 April - Round Antigua Race
- Sun 29 April - Antigua Sailing Week Race Day 1
- Mon 30 April - Antigua Sailing Week Race Day 2
- Tue 1 May - Antigua Sailing Week Race Day 3
- Wed 2 May - Lay Day
- Thur 3 - Antigua Sailing Week Race Day 4
- Fri 4 May - Antigua Sailing Week Race Day 5
- Fri 4 May - Prize Giving
- Sat 5 May - Depart (disembark by 1000)
WHOLE BOAT CHARTER BOOKINGS
- 2 days of pre-event race training in Antigua
- 1 day Round Antigua Race
- 5 days of Regatta racing
- Lay day mid-week
- Race ready yacht with clean hull
- Experienced racing skipper
- General boat expenses (diesel and gas etc.)
- Accommodation on board, if required (although we reccomend you stay ashore)
INDIVIDUAL BERTH BOOKINGS
- Everything in the whole boat charter package above plus;
- Experienced first mate onboard
- Berthing in Antigua
- Race entry fees & entry to prize giving etc.
- Soft drinks & lunches onboard on all sailing days
- Crew shirt to wear for the event and take home as a momento
What's Not Included:
- Flight and Transfers
- Breakfast and Dinners
- Whole boat charters do not include
- First Mate
- Race Entry Fees
- Soft Drinks and Lunches
- Team Shirts
Preferential rates are available for teams and whole crews who wish to charter a yacht and a skipper.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More