Our powerboat training falls into three disciplines; open powerboats (up to 10m), motor cruisers (over 10m) and personal watercraft (Jet Skis). We run the full range of RYA courses in each discipline. We also offer a range of BWS Ski Boat Driver and BSAC dive boat operator courses.Learn More
Our RYA sailing courses fall into two disciplines - keelboating and sail cruising. Yacht sailing can be inshore, offshore or trans ocean. Bareboat and skippered charter are available. We also compete in a large number of International yacht racing events on both sides of the Atlantic.Learn More
We offer a wide range of support courses in First Aid, safety, communications, boat care, navigation and meteorology. A lot of courses lead to world recognised RYA, STCW or HSE qualifications, others are Stormforce specific courses such as 12-volt electric or Weather for Yachtsmen.Learn More
How do you fancy teaching boating to others? We train hundreds of sailing and powerboat instructors every year across all disciplines. Join a short instructor course or a fast-track instructor programme.Learn More
FAST TRACK COURSES
A range of modular training courses to allow sailors and power boaters to fast track their way into our industry. These courses work because they consolidate all of the necessary training into a short time period and we run with a low ratio of students to instructor.Learn More
SUPER YACHT TRAINING
Thousands of new crew are attracted by the sunshine, high salaries and global travel of the super yacht industry. If this appeals to you then there is no question that you need the right training on your CV before anyone will even consider you.Learn More
ISAF Offshore Safety Refresher
If you have previously taken a two day ISAF Offshore Safety and RYA Sea Survival Course and your certificate has expired (after five years) then this one day refresher course will qualify you for a further five years.
The course covers both the Sea Survival and ISAF components of the two day course. This training satisfies Special Regulation 6.01 and is required by crew participating in Cat 2, 1, 0 offshore races.
To our knowledge, we were the first training centre in the UK to offer this course.
1 day - 0930 to 1700 hrs.
- An existing ISAF Offshore Safety Certificate (expired or in date).
- An existing RYA Sea Survival Certificate (any date)
- Changes in the offshore Special Regulations (last five years)
- Changes to the IRPCS (last five years)
- Life raft and life jacket update
- Changes in safety equipment
- Update to Distress calling by voice
- Fleet trackers
- Practical Life raft session refresher (two hour pool session)
- Practical Flare Session (live firing)
- Lessons learnt from fatal accidents and incidents in offshore races
- Changes in UK SAR Changes in Meteorological services
- Fire Fighting Refresher
- A day of training
- Two hour pool session with use of liferaft
- Loan of a life jacket for the pool session
- Live flare session
- Free parking on site ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
- ISAF Offshore Safety Certificate
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Stormforce Coaching was one of the first training centres in the UK to run the ISAF Offshore Safety Course, delivering it for a clear eighteen months before it became compulsory for Offshore race crews. At this point other RYA Cruising Schools began to copy us and offer the course. Back then we had to start the course from scratch and build it up from our own ideas; we spent considerable amount of time at sea in heavy weather so that we could experiment with the various techniques we were going to teach. We went out in exactly the conditions we normally advise students to avoid. We researched the subject thoroughly and tried various forms of emergency steering and jury rigging. We spent the first two years developing the course and learning from each one we ran. We are confident that we can teach you heavy weather sailing and storm tactics from first hand experience and not from a text book.
Five years on, there became a need for an ISAF refresher course. Once again we lead the way and were the first training centre in the UK to offer the one day refresher course. We expect over the next two years the other training centres will again follow our lead and try to play catch up.
- We were one of the original centres to run the two day ISAF Offshore Safety Course
- We were the first centre to offer this ISAF refresher course
- Our courses are taught by genuine offshore race skippers with a very credible background
- We teach this subject from first hand experience, not from having copied someone else's course
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More