ISAF Offshore Safety Refresher
If you have previously taken a two day ISAF Offshore Safety and RYA Sea Survival Course and your certificate has expired (after five years) then this one day refresher course will qualify you for a further five years.
The course covers both the Sea Survival and ISAF components of the two day course. This training satisfies Special Regulation 6.01 and is required by crew participating in Cat 2, 1, 0 offshore races.
To our knowledge, we were the first training centre in the UK to offer this course.
1 day - 0930 to 1700 hrs.
- An existing ISAF Offshore Safety Certificate (expired or in date).
- An existing RYA Sea Survival Certificate (any date)
- Changes in the offshore Special Regulations (last five years)
- Changes to the IRPCS (last five years)
- Life raft and life jacket update
- Changes in safety equipment
- Update to Distress calling by voice
- Fleet trackers
- Practical Life raft session refresher (two hour pool session)
- Practical Flare Session (live firing)
- Lessons learnt from fatal accidents and incidents in offshore races
- Changes in UK SAR Changes in Meteorological services
- Fire Fighting Refresher
- A day of training
- Two hour pool session with use of liferaft
- Loan of a life jacket for the pool session
- Live flare session
- Free parking on site ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
- ISAF Offshore Safety Certificate
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Stormforce Coaching was one of the first training centres in the UK to run the ISAF Offshore Safety Course, delivering it for a clear eighteen months before it became compulsory for Offshore race crews. At this point other RYA Cruising Schools began to copy us and offer the course. Back then we had to start the course from scratch and build it up from our own ideas; we spent considerable amount of time at sea in heavy weather so that we could experiment with the various techniques we were going to teach. We went out in exactly the conditions we normally advise students to avoid. We researched the subject thoroughly and tried various forms of emergency steering and jury rigging. We spent the first two years developing the course and learning from each one we ran. We are confident that we can teach you heavy weather sailing and storm tactics from first hand experience and not from a text book.
Five years on, there became a need for an ISAF refresher course. Once again we lead the way and were the first training centre in the UK to offer the one day refresher course. We expect over the next two years the other training centres will again follow our lead and try to play catch up.
- We were one of the original centres to run the two day ISAF Offshore Safety Course
- We were the first centre to offer this ISAF refresher course
- Our courses are taught by genuine offshore race skippers with a very credible background
- We teach this subject from first hand experience, not from having copied someone else's course
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More