Art of Boat Handling
Have you ever watched with awe (or envy) as another skipper berths neatly nearby, with no fuss and minimal crew? This course gives you the tools to become that skipper!
2 days (09.30 on day 1 to 16.00 on day 2) with the option to sleep aboard for the evening in between.
- Dayskipper Sail or higher or equivalent experience
- Minimum age 16
This course will equip you with a range of boat handling skills. The course content includes:
- Use of lines
- Sail drive vs prop shaft
- Identifying prop walk/wash
- Communication on board
- Pivot points
- Using prop walk
- Effects of wind
- Effects of tide
- Going astern
- Turning in a confined space
- Berthing and departing "wind on" pontoons
- Berthing and departing "wind off" pontoons
- Stern first finger pontoons
- "Med Style" moorings
- Close quarter handling
- Short handed berthing
- Use of our yacht for the two days
- Instructor for the two days
- Tea/coffee/snacks both days
- Lunch both days
- Accommodation on board for one night (if required)
- On board expenses (gas/diesel)
- Loan of a life jacket
What's Not Included:
- Hire of foul weather gear (£5/day) if required
- Overnight berthing fees if away from the home port
- Breakfasts and Evening Meals
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More