RORC Cherbourg Race 2017
A classic 75 mile RORC Offshore Race that takes place every September. In 2017 our crew will meet on Friday 14 September, for a race start that evening and an overnight race across the English Channel to France.
Friday lunch time to Sunday afternoon
This offshore race is not suitable for complete beginners; crew members should have some sailing experience, including:
- Minimum qualification of RYA Competent Crew (but ideally more on the water experience)
Meet with the rest of the crew in Southampton at lunch time on Friday, sail over to Cowes that afternoon and start racing Friday evening.
The course is straight out of the Solent and cross channel to Cherbourg in France. After crossing the finish line on Saturday, the yacht will head into Cherbourg for a crew meal ashore before returning to Southampton for Sunday.
- A weekend of racing onboard one of our race yachts
- Experienced racing skipper and mate
- All meals, drinks and snacks onboard
- Race entry fees
- Onboard expenses (diesel, gas etc.)
- Use of a lifejacket
- Free parking at Shamrock Quay ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (although this is available to hire from £5 per day)
- Any meals taken ashore
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More