RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills
Prior to joining a RYA Powerboat Instructor Course, candidates must demonstrate they have the powerboat handling skills and the supporting knowledge required to go on and teach the sport.
One day. The training takes place from 0930 to 1230. The assessment takes place 1300-1700; you may attend the assessment only if you think you are ready.
- Minimum age 16 years
- Relevant experience in a variety of craft
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (essential)
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased (recommended)
- RYA Membership (join here)
During the morning you will have an opportunity to become familiar with our boats, operate in the same area as the assessment and practice the skills required. Our instructor will coach you on any weak areas.
In the afternoon an RYA Trainer will assess that you can perform all of the RYA Powerboat Level 2 manoeuvres to a good standard and have the supporting background knowledge required.
- Morning of coaching (optional)
- Afternoon of assessment
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)
- Lunch (available to buy locally)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More