Dartmouth Regatta 2017
As August draws to a close, the beautiful Devon coast will once again play host to the esteemed Dartmouth Yacht Regatta. Make the most of the last days of summer with two full day's race training and four days of close inshore racing against the back drop of the beautiful Devon coastline.
This page is for the 'Buy a Berth' package, which is for people looking to buy individual places onboard one of our yachts for this campaign (or 2-3 places). We also offer whole boat charter for teams looking to hire an entire boat plus skipper.
The Stormforce Coaching Dartmouth Regatta package begins on Monday evening and finishes on Sunday.
We meet on the Monday evening for the welcome and devote Tuesday and Wednesday to training (late arrivals can join us on Tuesday morning). The Regatta then takes place from Thursday to Sunday. There will be two races a day for three of the days and a longer coastal race on one of the days.
All of the racing takes places just outside of Dartmouth Harbour and we will be racing in the IRC fleet.
There will be prize giving and entertainment at the Yacht Club each evening. The whole of Dartmouth will be celebrating Dartmouth Week and there are various evening games and competitions to enjoy.
The itinerary includes the following:
- 21 August 2017 - Evening welcome in Dartmouth
- 22 - 23 August 2017 - Two days of race and spinnaker training onboard
- 24 - 27 August 2017 - Four days of regatta racing
- 27-28 August 2017 - Optional overnight delivery back to Southampton
WHOLE BOAT CHARTER BOOKINGS
- 2 days of pre-event race training in Dartmouth
- 4 days of Dartmouth Regatta Racing
- Optional passage back to Southampton on Sunday night with dinner onboard
- Race ready yacht with clean hull and IRC Rating
- Experienced racing skipper or Owner's representative
- General boat expenses (diesel and gas etc.)
- Regatta Insurance
- Tea, coffee, cleaning products etc
- Accommodation on board, if required (although we reccomend you consider staying ashore)
- Loan of a life jacket each
- Crew shirt each to wear for the event and take home as a momento
INDIVIDUAL BERTH BOOKINGS
- Everything in the whole boat charter package above plus;
- Experienced first mate onboard
- Berthing in Dartmouth
- Regatta entry fees & entry to prize giving etc.
- Soft drinks & lunches onboard on all sailing days
What's Not Included:
- Use of wet weather gear (£20 to hire for the week)
- Breakfasts and evening meals (self cater or dine out)
- Accommodation ashore (option to stay on board)
- Travel, taxis etc.
- Whole boat charters do not include
- First Mate
- Race Entry Fees
- Soft Drinks and Lunches
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More