RSYC Frostbite Series 2017
This is the only race series in the Solent that takes place during the early months of the year. Racing is fortnightly, with two races every second Sunday. On the first two weekends we also run training on the Saturday. Our best nine results (from twelve races) in the series count toward the final result. This is a great way to get some practice in ahead of the season.
After racing each week, we retire to the RSYC (Royal Southampton Yacht Club) Club house for prize giving, lunch and a team de-brief. We won this series outright in 2010 and 2011 on board "Vader" and placed 2nd in the 2015 series on board "Storm Trooper". This year we will be entering again!
This series is suitable for all racing backgrounds and abilities. You will require a basic knowledge of sailing before you join us. We are happy to use this series to introduce racing to those who have not raced before.
We devote the Saturday of the first two weekends to training and will cover start lines, mark rounding, spinnaker work, upwind performance and team work. On the Sunday of these two weekends we will race at RSYC. After the initial two weekends we then race one day each weekend for the rest of the series. Except for the last fortnight, racing is fortnightly. There are usually two races a day although the race officer can abandon one (or both) in very heavy weather.
Saturday 14 January- Training Day 1
Sunday 15 January- Race 1 & 2
Saturday 28 January- Training Day 2
Sunday 29 January- Race 3 & 4
Sunday 12 February- Race 5 & 6
Sunday 26 February- Race 7 & 8
Saturday 11 March- Race 9 & 10
Saturday 25 March- Race 11 & 12
- A crew place on board our race boat
- Race Skipper
- Race entry fees and on board expenses
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free parking at Shamrock Quay ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
- Tea & coffee on board
- Lunch on the training days
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (this is available to hire from us for £5 per day)
- Lunch after racing at the RSYC
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
- We are the only sailing school in the Solent actively competing in race events in the UK in January and February
- Of the three years we have previously raced this series we have won twice and placed second once
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More