RYA Keelboat Day Sailing
To learn passage planning skills, practice decision making for small boat cruising and to give you a confident, safe approach to planning and executing a short cruise in a open keelboat or dayboat.
Two Days, 0930 to 1700
- RYA Keelboat Basic Skills Level 2 or RYA Dinghy Level 2 or RYA Competent Crew or equivalent standard (essential)
- RYA Keelboat Better Sailing level 3 or (desirable)
- RYA Keelboat Seamanship (useful)
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship (desirable)
- Preparation for coastal cruising
- Passage planning
- Practical navigation
- Interpretation of synoptic charts
- Day sail away from the centre
- GPS vs traditional navigation
- 2 days shared use of one of our keelboats
- 2 days instruction
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Keelboat Day sailing certificate
- Free Parking at Shamrock Quay ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Hire of wet weather gear (£5/day if required)
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
- We do not know of any other centres in our area that run this level of course
- Southampton Water and the central Solent gives you a wide choice of day sail destinations, each suitable to different prevailing weather conditions and tides
- Our modern keelboats are berthed alongside, ready to go without delays
- Our four classrooms are equipped with a huge selection of navigation charts, satnavs and other resources
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More