RYA Powerboat Instructor
To equip potential instructors with the skills and knowledge required to enable them to teach the RYA National Powerboat Scheme at centres in the UK and abroad.
This course will qualify you to teach at both inland and coastal centres.
3 Days - 0930 to 1715 hrs, with some evening home work.
- RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment (completed within the last 12 months - can be booked as part of a package below)
- RYA First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased (recommended)
- RYA SRC (recommended)
- 5 years experience powerboating (or one season full time)
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Familiarity with a range of craft
- RYA Membership (join here)
The emphasis is on how to teach the relevant skills and to debrief students. Successful candidates are then qualified to teach RYA Level 1 and 2 courses at RYA Powerboat Schools. Powerboat instructors who also hold the RYA Safety Boat award are also qualified to teach the RYA Safety Boat course.
- 3 days of Training
- Use of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£5 per day to hire)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Powerboat Instructor and Advanced Powerboat Instructor Courses are taught by Powerboat Trainers. We are one of the very few companies in the world that has two Powerboat Trainers on its' full time permanent staff. This means we do not have to rely on external contractors and can be much more flexible with training dates. It also means we are able to look after customers rather than relying on an external Trainer to come in and run the course.
As a company we have run a diverse range of powerboat courses. This means our Trainers can relate to the type of craft you will be using and the environment you will be working in. Our Instructor course is run predominantly using our 6m and 8m RIBs, although we are also able to make use of one of our displacement craft or tiller steered powerboats where appropriate.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More