RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased (E learning)
This distance learining course is an alternative for those who are unable to join us for the 5 day RYA Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased Course.
This course is primarily aimed at those who will go on to take one (or more) of the following courses
- Coastal Skipper Power
- Yachtmaster Coastal Power
- Yachtmaster Offshore Power
- Coastal Skipper Sail
- Yachtmaster Coastal Sail
- Yachtmaster Offshore Sail
Allow 40-50 hours of home study and 6 hours of exams for this course.
- Dayskipper Shorebased Course or equivalent knowledge (essential)
- Some experience of putting the above navigation knowledge into practice (desirable)
- Short Range Certificate (desirable)
Once you are nearing the end of your course there are three written papers for you to complete. These can be invigilated by a friend or family member. However if you want to use this certificate at some point as a pre requsite for the MCA Master 200 or Officer of the Watch 3000 qualifications then the three exams must be inviigilated by an instructor.
Some people complete the home study course and then join us in Southampton, Port Heli or Antigua for another course. When they are with us they also complete the three papers (no extra charge).
Alternatively we have Instructors around the country (and overseas) who can invigilate you (charges may apply). Let us know where you live and/or work and we will see who we have in your area.
The online course covers cover collision regulations, chart-work, meteorology, safety equipment, stability, electronic navigation, sailing abroad and skippers responsibilities.
- Online RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased Course with personal login
- 2 RYA Training Charts (posted to a UK address at the start of the course)
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased Hand-book (posted to a UK address at the start of the course)
- 2 RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Exercises Books (posted to a UK address at the start of the course)
- Chart Plotter CD ROM for PC (posted to a UK address at the start of the course)
- Unlimited email support from our Instructors
- 3 Assessment papers
- RYA Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased Certificate (posted any where in the UK on completion of your course)
- A year of free introductory RNLI membership
What's Not Included:
- Postage overseas (charged at cost)
Individual Person Price: £295
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to book this course.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Team Stormforce take home a trophy from the Manches Cup! More
Great Race Results from the RORC Cervantes Trophy as the 2013 RORC Fastnet campaign gets underwayMore
- Now recruiting for the Stormforce Coaching Internship programme beginning September 2013... More
- 1st place race results to shout about! More