Keelboat Instructor Fast-Track Foundation Module
Build a bespoke Fast-Track programme at Stormforce Coaching using our unique system. Select a foundation module and follow up with the necessary Level 2 and Level 3 modules to Fast-Track your way to achieving your goal. This foundation module can lead onto any of the Level 2 modules, including Coastal Sail Skipper, Coastal Motor Skipper or Sports Boat Instructor, depending on your end objectives. The level 2 module you select will determine the rest of your course; go on to either the Offshore Sail or Offshore Motor Skipper programmes. Either will lead on to the Level 4 Ocean Skipper module.
This Fast-Track programme is designed for those seeking to become an RYA Keelboat Instructor in a short period of time. Aimed at those with a basic experience of Keelboat and/or Dinghy sailing, this five week module will take you through all of the Intermediate and Advanced training courses you will need in order to become an RYA Keelboat Instructor. The package also includes the Day Skipper Shorebased and Practical courses (navigation), which can be commercially endorsed.
Should your aim be to qualify as a Keelboat Instructor, your training will conclude after five weeks. However, should you wish to gain further qualifications, this package can be used as a foundation module to precede any of the Level 2, 3 or 4 Fast-Track modules.
The Keelboat Instructor Fast-Track Foundation Module takes five weeks.
- Minimum age 16 years
- Keelboat sailing ability up to RYA RYA Better Sailing Keelboat (Level 3) OR sailing experience to be discussed with our Principal
- RYA membership (join here)
The RYA Keelboat Instructor Fast-Track programme consists of several shorter courses taken in a short time frame. These shorter courses include:
- RYA Keelboat Seamanship
- RYA Keelboat Sailing with Spinnakers
- RYA Keelboat Performance Sailing
- RYA Keelboat- Start Racing
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- BSAC Boat Handling (optional)
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA Short Range Certificate (SRC)
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased
- RYA Dayskipper Practical
- RYA Keelboat Instructor Pre Entry Training
- RYA Keelboat Pre Entry Assessment
- RYA Keelboat Instructor
- RYA International Certificate of Competence
This comprehensive, inclusive course includes the following:
- Full use of our craft during your training programme
- Loan of a buoyancy aid or life jacket
- RYA Sea Survival Handbook
- RYA Start Powerboating Handbook
- First Aid Handbook
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased Course Notes
- RYA Training Charts
- Chart Plotter CD ROM
- Meals and accommodation onboard for the 5-day Dayskipper Sail Course
- Free Parking ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (bring you own or hire ours for £55 for the whole course)
- Accommodation for the majority of the course (excluding the 5-day RYA Dayskipper Sail course, which is live-aboard)
- RYA Start Sailing Keelboat Level 1, RYA Basic Skills Level 2 and RYA Better Sailing Level 3 Pre-Course Preparation.
- You may wish to dual certify the RYA Powerboat Level 2 with the BSAC Boat Handling. This is not required if you will be progressing onto the Motor Skipper Coastal Fast-Track Module or the Sports Boat Instructor Fast-Track Module as the BSAC Diver Cox'n Award will supersede the Boat Handling Certificate.
- Follow this foundation module with our Coastal and Offshore Sail Skipper Modules if you would like to become RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Offshore qualified
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Stormforce Coaching is the only centre in the world to offer this unique fast track programme which will get you started on your new career as a Keelboat Instructor in only five weeks.
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to make a booking.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More