RYA Keelboat Advanced Instructor
This course is for those experienced RYA Keelboat Instructors who would like to teach the RYA Performance Keelboat Sailing Course and the RYA Keelboat Sailing with Spinnakers Course. This course allows you to endorse your Keelboat Instructor Certificate to become an RYA Advanced Keelboat Instructor.
The course consists of two days of comprehensive training onboard our performance keelboats (SB20s). The training focuses on teaching advanced sailing techniques and rig tuning sessions.
The RYA Advanced Keelboat Instructor Course is a 2 day course (0930 to 1700 each day).
This is a high level training course and as such there are certain pre-requisites candidates should meet. These include the following:
- Minimum of one season's experience as an RYA Instructor (desirable)
- Sailing ability above the RYA Performance and RYA Spinnaker Courses (essential)
- Experience of coaching from a powerboat (essential)
- Current First Aid Certificate (essential)
- RYA Keelboat Instructor (essential)
- RYA Membership (join here)
Successful candidates will become qualified to teach the RYA Keelboat Spinnakers Course and the RYA Performance Keelboat Sailing course. This course is Keelboat specific.
The RYA Advanced Keelboat Instructor Course focuses on coaching techniques in performance keelboats, such as:
- Boat handling
- Use of spinnakers
- Coaching the 5 Essentials
- Coaching from a powerboat
- Teaching sailors to recognise wind shifts
- Rig tuning
- 2 days shared use of our keelboats
- 2 days coaching
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£5/day hire if required)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Traditionally, an RYA Instructor would train as an Advanced Dinghy Instructor in the first instance, before endorsing his/her qualification for teaching keelboating. As a specialised keelboat centre, we recognise that not all keelboat Instructors want to train with dinghies and it can therefore be more beneficial for Keelboat Instructors to develop their skills within the type of craft they will be teaching. We do not know of any other centre in the world that offers this training. This is a specialist course we devised (with the RYA's agreement) in response to the need we identified.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More