MCA STCW Fire Prevention & Fighting
This is one of the five STCW Basic Safety Courses required by commercial seafarers. In an emergency at sea, crew do not have the option of calling the fire brigade, instead they have to fight a fire on board themselves. This largely practical course will equip you with the basic skills required should you ever need to deal with a fire at sea.
- Hythe courses - 2.5 days, commencing at lunchtime on day 1
- Cowes courses - 2 days
As a basic safety course, there are no pre-requisites for this course.
By the very nature of fire fighting, we are unable to run this course on site at our marina. Instead, the course is run at a specialised fire training ground. Training is provided by external MCA Approved Training Provider.
This course is part of the week long STCW Basic Safety Week.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More