MCA STCW Basic Safety Week
In order to work on a superyacht or other commercial vessel, crew and interior staff must (by law) have attended the following five basic safety courses:
- STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA)
Bundled together these five short courses are known as STCW Basic Safety Week.
This 5-day course can be run in Hythe or Cowes.
- Hythe- 5 days Monday to Friday
- Cowes- briefing at 1600 the day before, followed by 5 days
This course is run off site at Hythe near Southampton or Cowes on the Isle of Wight. The PST (Personal Survival Techniques) is run at Cowes and Swanwick. Training is provided by an external MCA Approved Training Provider.
- STCW Basic Safety Certificate for all five courses
- 5 days of training
- Full use of all teaching resources
- First Aid Manual
- Sea Survival Handbook
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Manual
- PSSR Manual
What's Not Included:
- Accommodation (Shared accommodation is £100 at Hythe or £210 at Cowes)
The dates below signify the start of each Basic Safety week. The order in which the courses are taught is subject to change.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More