BSAC Boat Handling Instructor
To save existing RYA Powerboat Instructors the time associated with having to re-train, we have put together this one day course. On the basis that you are already qualified to teach the RYA courses, we can simply endorse you to also teach the BSAC Seamanship Courses.
One day - 09.30 to 17.00
To become a BSAC Boat Handling Instructor you require the following:
- RYA Powerboat Instructor certificate
- In date First Aid certificate
- BSAC Membership (can be arranged on the day)
To additionally become a BSAC Diver Cox'n Assessor you will also require:
- BSAC Diver Cox'n certificate
- To be shadowed by a trainer on your first Diver Coxn Assessment
The day is a mixture of shorebased and on water sessions. We start by outlining the differences between the RYA scheme and the BSAC scheme and go on to the admin side of working with BSAC. We provide some coaching on the diver specific areas of powerboating, such as:
- Stowage of dive kit
- Locating wrecks
- Approaching divers in the water
- Recovery of divers from the water
- Laying Shot lines
- Carrying Oxygen and when to use it
You will be asked to teach a short session and demonstrate basic handling skills.
On successful completion of the course you will become qualified to instruct BSAC Boat Handling Courses. To additionally qualify as a Diver Cox'n Assessor you will need to run an assessment that is shadowed by a trainer. Assuming that is run satisfactorily you will then qualify.
- Day of training and assessment
- Use of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Use of wet weather gear (£5/day)
- BSAC membership (£25)
- Boat Handling Instructor CD ROM (available from BSAC HQ)
Please contact the office to arrange your course on 02380 231122.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More