RYA Start Motor Cruising
This course is ideal for introducing friends or family members to crewing a motor boat, and for giving them an understanding of how they can assist the helm. Where as the RYA's Helmsman's Course is a beginner level Motor Cruising course aimed at those who will be taking the helm, the Start Motor Cruising course is designed for beginners who wish to crew, rather than taking the lead.
This course is aimed at helping family members and friends crew a motor cruiser effectively.
2 days. This course is usually run alongside our RYA Helmsman's, RYA Dayskipper Motor or RYA Advanced Pilotage Courses, This means different family members can train at different levels on the same boat at the same time. We can on request run a bespoke stand-alone Start Motor Cruising 1-day course if required.
As a beginner level course, there are no specific pre-requisites for the Start Motor Cruising course. It is suitable for all members of the family, although children must be a minimum age of 8.
- Personal safety
- Crewing and assisting the helm
- Dealing with emergency situations
- Coming alongside
- Picking up a mooring
- Boat handling
- 2-days use of our motor cruiser
- 2-days of instruction
- Diesel and onboard consumables
- Lunch, tea/coffee and snacks on board
- RYA Start Motor Cruising Certificate
- Free parking at our marina ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet Weather gear (£5/day to hire from us)
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Stormforce Coaching was one of a few centres who piloted this course during 2013 before its official launch in September 2013. We have however been running taster and crew courses in motor cruising for a number of years. This RYA course simply formalised what we are already experienced at.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More