RYA Advanced Pilotage
This new course is ideal for those who wish to progress their night pilotage skills. The Advanced Pilotage course is usually taken after the RYA Day Skipper Power Course but before the RYA Coastal Skipper Power Course).
The RYA Advanced Pilotage course takes 2 days to complete, including 1 night excercise.
- Boat handling to the standard of the RYA Day Skipper Power course
- Navigation knowledge to the standard of the Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster™ Offshore shorebased course
- VHF/SRC certificate or higher
- Minimum age 17
- Passage planning
- Preparation for sea
- Passage making
- Responsibility as a skipper (daylight hours)
- Use of radar
- Boat handling
- Dealing with adverse weather conditions
- Dealing with emergency situations
- Night cruising
- 2-days use of our motor cruiser
- 2-days of instruction
- Diesel and onboard consumables
- Lunch, tea/coffee and snacks onboard each day
- Dinner onboard for the night exercise
- RYA Advanced Pilotage Certificate
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free parking at Shamrock Quay ( Subject to Terms & Conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet Weather gear (£5 per day to hire from us)
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
We are one of a few centres that are piloting this course in 2013 before its official launch. We are one of very few centres that actually owns and runs its own motor cruiser, so we are not reliant upon charter boats. This affords us with greater flexibility and improves the quality of course we are able to deliver.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More