Little Britain Challenge Cup (Corporate Charter)
Each September the construction industry meets for one of the UK's biggest corporate sailing regattas: The Little Britain Challenge Cup. Organised by and for the construction and property industry, this is the meeting place of some of the major players in the industry, including contractors, architects, surveyors and other high level industry professionals. What makes the Little Britain Regatta unique is that it is owned by a not for profit company and it raises thousands of pounds each year for various charities. The 2012 event alone raised £20K which was distributed between 9 charities.
Racing takes place in the Solent each September and Stormforce Coaching can provide you a race ready yacht with skipper, mate and all the extras you need for a successful corporate weekend. The regatta consists of 5 races which take place between the Thursday and Saturday of the event. In addition to this short series of races in the central Solent, the event includes a vibrant social scene, featuring cocktail parties, live music, a theme evening and Gala dinner, taking place at Cowes Yacht Haven. With competitive sailing during the day and social activities aplenty by night, the Little Britain regatta is the ideal opportunity for team bonding, industry networking and to enjoy some excellent yacht racing.
This page is for whole boat charter, which means hiring a boat and skipper for a whole team for the weekend.
The Little Britain Challenge Cup is a 4 day event and most teams opt to include a full training day immediately before the event to ensure they get a good racing result. We can add as many training days as you would like, depending on experience and how seriously you are taking the competition! Dates for forthcoming regattas are:
- 2014 Little Britain Challenge Cup - 4 to 7 September
- 2015 Little Britain Challenge Cup - 10 to 13 September
- 2016 Little Britain Challenge Cup - 8 to 11 September
- 2017 Little Britain Challenge Cup - 14 to 17 September
- 2018 Little Britain Challenge Cup - 6 to 9 September
- 2019 Little Britain Challenge Cup - 5 to 8 September
- 2020 Little Britain Challenge Cup - 10 to 13 September
Packages are tailored to suit each individual team, but usually include:
- Race-ready yacht
- Regatta lunches & on board snacks
- On board refreshments, beer and wine after racing
- Accommodation on board
- Gas & diesel
- Branded Team Shirts
As a meeting place for high-level industry professionals, the Little Britain Challenge Cup is the ideal place for sponsorship opportunities. As such, you may consider hull or sail branding to promote your company name / logo.
Many people also choose to have a photography boat, to capture the winning moments!
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
We have a good pedigree when it comes to the Little Britain regatta. In 2012, our yacht entry came third in the race.
We also have excellent results in other corporate sailing regattas. In 2013, our team came first in the Manches Cup, which is the legal industry's equivalent regatta and we enter many other corporate sailing events each year.
Our charter package affords teams the opportunity to compete in a race-ready yacht with an experienced race skipper and mate. While our whole boat charter packages enable you to race solely with colleagues and friends, in your own team, you still benefit from having race training and the competitive edge that comes with having your own experienced race skipper.
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to make a booking.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More