Skills & Drills
If you already have a Competent Crew certificate (or equivalent) and would like to improve your boat handling and navigation techniques; our Skills & Drills course will give you the means to practice whatever you feel you need to develop!
Two, three or five days of refresher training to improve, perfect and progress your existing skills. This course is very popular with Day Skipper's and Coastal Skipper's who are on the route to RYA Yachtmaster level.
We offer the Skills & Drills option over two, three or five days
- 2-day courses run Saturday morning (0930) to Sunday afternoon (1600) and include one night on board
- 3-day courses run Friday evening (1830) to Monday afteroon 1600) and include 3 nights on board
- 5-day courses run from 0930 on day 1 to 1600 on day 5 and include 4 nights on board
You must already hold an RYA Competent Crew (or equivalent) certificate.
We can re-cover all the sailing skills, navigation techniques and close quarter handling you would have learnt on the RYA Competent Crew, RYA Day Skipper or RYA Coastal Skipper course. The time can also be used to learn how to sail more efficiently, improve your skippering manner and log some miles.
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on board
- Meals and snacks on board
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Hire of foul weather gear (£5/day if required)
- Berthing fees, away from the home port
- One evening meal (eaten ashore)
Please use the online booking system below, it shows dates for the three different options. Alternatively, you can call 02380 231122 to speak to one of our Course Advisors.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More