BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival 2018
Warm Water- Hot Racing- Cool Parties
The 47th Edition of the Festival and Regatta, offers quintessential Caribbean races and shore-side entertainment. The turquoise waters and picture perfect white sand beaches makes it one of the world’s finest backdrops. Over the years, this regatta has become one of the Caribbean's premier yacht races with a reputation for serious competition and serious partying.
The weeklong event takes you throughout the beautiful British Virgin Islands. Starting at Nanny Cay the Sailing Festival races up the Sir Frances Drake Channel to the renowned Bitter End Yacht Club. After the warm up festival and a lay day on the exquisite Scrub Island, the BVI Spring Regatta kicks off three days of some of the best racing in the Caribbean. The BVI regatta is unlike any other on the race circuit, the 58 square mile playground uses the 50+ islands as race marks, rather than inflatable buoys.
The BVI Sailing Festival and the BVI Spring Regatta are run back to back so we can compete in both. We will be racing on board Palpatine, our Stimson IRC 42.
The BVI Spring Regatta is the one Caribbean Regatta that has something for everyone who attends. Race your way through the British Virgin Islands (BVI)s. Our week long BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival provides a mix of sailing, racing, partying and holiday. After two relaxed training days on board, the Sailing Festival will kick off with The Round Tortola Race, followed by a relaxed Island Race and BBQ and a lay day mid week.
After the warm up event, the BVI Spring Regatta holds three days of some of the best racing in the Caribbean. Only the best survive to take home the Gold and the Glory, along with great stories and experiences that keep sailors coming back year after year. We will participate in all five races of the BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival. With a huge choice of shore side accommodations and activities, there’s no need to leave your loved ones at home.
Each crew member will come to the event with different levels of experience; we must emphasise that we are not looking for a team of old hands; we would prefer a cross section of abilities and experience. As pre-requisites, we would expect crew to have:
- A minimum of 5 days and experience on board a yacht.
- A minimum of 100 miles experience aboard a sailing yacht.
- RYA Competent Crew or higher level certificate or equivalent experience.
In reality, some crew members have considerably more experience than that stated above. Please speak to a course advisor to discuss whether you have suitable experience.
- 24 March 2018 - Welcome on board(evening)
- 25 March 2018 - Race training day on board
- 26 March 2018 - Race training day on board
- Sailing Festival Welcome Party
- BVI SAILING FESTIVAL
- 27 March 2018 - Round Tortola Race
- 28 March 2018 - Sailing Festival Races followed by afternoon BBQ on the beach
- 29 March 2018 - Lay Day
- BVI SPRING REGATTA
- 30 March - Race 1
- 31 March 2018 - Race 2
- 1 April 2018 - Race 3
- 1 April 2018 - Prize giving and final party
- 2 April 2018 disembark (1000)
WHOLE BOAT CHARTER BOOKINGS
- 2 days of pre-event race training in the BVIs
- 1 day Round Tortola Race
- 1 day of Sailing Festival warm up racing
- 3 days of BVI Regatta racing
- Lay day mid-week
- Race ready yacht with clean hull
- Experienced racing skipper
- General boat expenses (diesel and gas etc.)
- Accommodation on board, if required (although we reccomend you stay ashore)
- Crew shirt each to wear for the event and take home as a momento
INDIVIDUAL BERTH BOOKINGS
- Everything in the whole boat charter package above plus;
- Experienced first mate onboard
- Berthing in the BVIs
- Race entry fees & entry to prize giving etc.
- Soft drinks & lunches onboard on all sailing days
What's Not Included:
- Accomadation ashore
- Flight, Transfers, Visas
- Breakfast and Dinners (self cater or eat ashore)
- Whole boat charters do not include
- First Mate
- Race Entry Fees
- Soft Drinks and Lunches
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More