BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival 2017
The BVI Spring Regatta is the one Caribbean Regatta that has something for everyone who attends. Race your way through the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The week long BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival starts at Nanny Cay, the Sailing Festival will kick off with The Round Tortola Race, followed by a relaxed Island Race and Thursday is a Maritime Heritage/ Layday at Nanny Cay. After the warm up, the BVI Spring Regatta holds three days of some of the best racing in the Caribbean. Only the best survive to take home the Gold and the Glory, along with great stories and experiences that keep sailors coming back year after year. We will participate in all five races of the BVI Spring Regatta & Sailing Festival. With a huge choice of shore side accommodations and activities, there’s no need to leave your loved ones at home.
Warm Water and Hot Racing.... The BVI Sailing Festival and the BVI Spring Regatta are run back to back so we can compete in both. We will be racing on board Palpatine, our Stimson IRC 42.
Each crew member will come to the event with different levels of experience; we must emphasise that we are not looking for a team of old hands; we would prefer a cross section of abilities and experience. As pre-requisites, we would expect crew to have:
- A minimum of 5 days and experience on board a yacht.
- A minimum of 100 miles experience aboard a sailing yacht.
- A minimum of having crewed 2 sailing races (can be dinghy or yacht).
- RYA Competent Crew or higher level certificate or equivalent experience.
In reality, most crew members have considerably more experience than that stated above. Please speak to a course advisor to discuss whether you have suitable experience.
- 25 March - Welcome (evening)
- 26 March - Race training day on board
- 27 March - Race training day on board & Sailing Festival Welcome Party
- 28 March - Round Tortola Race
- 29 March - Sailing Festival Races
- 30 March - Lay Day
- 31 March -2 April - BVI Spring Regatta
- 2 days of pre-event race training in the BVIs
- 1 day Round Tortola Race
- 1 day of Sailing Festival warm up racing
- 3 days of BVI Regatta racing
- Lay day mid-week
- Experienced racing skipper and mate on board
- Berthing in the BVIs
- Race entry fees
- Entry to prize giving
- On board soft drinks & lunches
- General boat expenses (berthing, diesel, gas etc.)
- Crew shirt to wear for the event and take home as a momento
What's Not Included:
- Accommodation ashore
- Breakfasts and dinners (all eaten ashore).
- Flights and transfers
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More