RYA Powerboat Tender Operator
New for September 2014 is the RYA Powerboat Tender Operator Course. Aimed at superyacht deck crew who will be carrying out guest transfers between the yacht/anchorage and the shore. The course includes some night driving.
Designed for deck crew on board superyachts, the 2 day Tender Operator course slots in straight after the RYA Powerboat Level 2. The course is specifically aimed at those who are likely to be driving guests ashore from an anchored superyacht by day and evening onboard the yacht's tender. This course was written as a direct result of requests from the superyacht industry and the PYA (Professional Yachting Association).
To teach tender operators working with super yachts to drive to the required standard to carry passengers and other crew members to and from the mother ship (superyacht) by day and night.
The tender operator course is designed to build on a candidate’s basic knowledge of powerboating and candidates should gain confidence in their own competence. They will have plenty of time for practice of techniques in working with a crew member and short-handed. It is important that candidates understand the emphasis of the course is ship (super yacht) to shore transfers, and associated skills rather than coastal cruising.
Candidates should gain an appreciation of their role as tender skipper/operator and become more employable in the superyacht sector.
2 days including a night exercise on the first evening
- Minimum age 17 (required)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 - Coastal (required)
- First Aid (recommended)
- RYA Short Range Certificate (recommended)
- Pre-departure procedures for tender operators
- Drive systems onboard superyacht tenders
- Life Saving Apparatus (LSA)
- Fuel and mechanical checks and diagnosing basic engine start problems
- Passenger safety and comfort in waves and at planing speed
- Dealing with non-compliant passengers and those under the influence of alcohol
- Dealing with less mobile passengers and children
- Strategies for ensuring the safety of non-English speaking passengers
- Shorthanded anchoring, beam-to, bow-to and stern-to docking
- Recovery of MOB by day and night
- The principles of towing and being towed
- Apply the International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea (IRPCS)
- Passenger Briefings
- Effective management of an emergency situation by day and at night
- Produce and use effective day-time and night-time pilotage plans
- Chartplotter and waypoint navigation
- 2 days of instruction
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Powerboat Tender Operator Certificate/Photocard
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)
- Lunch (available to buy locally)
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
Stormforce Coaching launched the RYA Powerboat Tender Operator course for superyacht crew the day it was first launched by the RYA, we have courses scheduled every month and are happy to set up extra dates on demand.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More