RYA Keelboat Level 1 (Start Sailing)
If you are new to boating and want to try your hand at sailing, then the RYA Keelboat Start Sailing Level 1 course is the place to start.
The RYA Keelboat Start Sailing Level 1 course is designed to introduce the sport of sailing and impart the fundamental knowledge required to get afloat under supervision. We will give you a basic understanding of sailing techniques and some background knowledge of the sport.
For individuals we offer three variations of the RYA Keelboat Start Sailing Level 1 Course:
- Two consecutive mid-week days (0930 to 1700)
- One weekend (0930 to 1700)
- Four mid-week summer evenings (1800 to 2130)
For groups, schools and colleges we can bespoke the timings as required and usually run the course over 6-10 weeks. The timings below are therefore only examples.
- Ten mornings (0900-1100)
- Six mid-week afternoons (1400 -1615)
- Six mid-week afternoons (1645 to 1900)
This is a beginner level course for which there are no pre-requisities.
This course offers a thorough introduction to keelboat sailing with plenty of opportunity to crew and helm under the supervision of one of our experienced instructors.
- 2 days of instruction
- Use of one of our keelboats
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Keelboat Start Sailing Level 1 Certificate
- Free parking at our marina ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (available for £5 a day to hire from us)
For a more thorough introduction to keelboat sailing, it is advisable to combine this course with a 2-day RYA Keelboat Basic Skills Level 2 course.
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
We offer this course in various formats (weekend, mid week or evening) designed to suit you. Our fleet lives at Shamrock Quay, on a sheltered river with easy access to the Solent. This makes it unlikely that we have to cancel due to heavy weather. We are the only centre in Southampton that offers this course regularly throughout the year.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More