MCA STCW OOW General Ship Knowledge Module
In order to complete the OOW (Officer of the Watch) Yacht 3,000 GRT Certificate of Competence candidates must complete a number of modules. The first module is the OOW STCW Navigation and Radar Module. The second module, described on this page, is the OOW STCW General Ship Knowledge (GSK) Module. This is a distance learning course approved by the MCA that you can complete in your own time without the associated costs of hotels and lost wages while you study. The full module can be described as "blended learning", you will complete the four modules at home or on board and then attend an exam which our partners arrange for you. We believe this approach will suit many seafarers/superyacht crew and their employers.
This course is run by an affiliate third party training centre who holds appropriate MCA accreditation.
The course should take approximately 30 hours of study at home or aboard ship. This module must be completed within 6 months of enrolment.
There are 4 units to complete:
- Ship Construction
The units culminate in a final exam. During the course you will have access to your own mentor with whom you send assignments for marking by e-mail. Your mentor is also available by Skype or e-mail if required.
- 375 Simulations
- Postage charge for course materials to a UK address
What's Not Included:
- The practical element at an MCA approved Nautical College
- The final exam (fee is £150 at time of writing)
- £30 postage charge for course materials to an overseas address
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More