RORC Round Ireland Race 2018
The RORC Round Ireland Race is 750 miles and is sailed every two years. It is one of the most varied offshore races in our calendar as it takes in each of the differing coastlines of Ireland. The course starts at Wicklow and leaves Ireland and all off-lying rocks to starboard. Crews start with the South coast of Ireland and the Celtic Sea, they pass Fastnet Rock before heading up the stunning Atlantic coast with bigger seas and often more breeze, they then round the northern most tip of Ireland and head down the Northern Channel and into the Irish Sea. Tactics are important as the fleet sail within a stones throw of Scotland. It's then a final leg down the East coast following the wind, before a warm Irish welcome back in Wicklow. This is undoubtedly Ireland's premier offshore race.
9-13 days (depending on whether join the return passage or not)
Dates are to be confirmed by RORC in summer 2017, they are likely to be in June.
- 25-27 June, Qualifying mileage, Southampton to Wicklow 370 miles
- 28-29 June Race training and boat preparation
- 30 June- 4 July RORC Round Ireland Race, 750 miles
- 5-7 July Return passage to Southampton (optional)
* In order to pre-qualify for this event crew should have sailed either 300 miles of RORC racing or a non stop 300 mile passage aboard the yacht (Palpatine). The passage from Southampton to Wicklow fulfills this. All dates are subject to change by the organisers.
- Race-ready yacht
- Race Sails
- Regatta Insurance
- Experienced Race Skipper and mate
- Tea, coffee, cleaning products etc
- Meals onboard
- Accommodation on board the yacht
- Gas and diesel
- Loan of a life jacket
- Race Entry Fees
- Team Shirt
- Berthing Fees
What's Not Included:
We do not include the following:
- PLB (required)
- Hire of wet weather gear (£40 for 2 weeks)
To discuss your suitability, please contact a Course Advisor on 02380 231122 or email@example.com
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More