Award in Education & Training Level 3 (PTLLS)
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) replaces the former Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) certificate.
This online version of the course can be completed at home. For the final teaching assessment you can either connect to your assessor by Skype or video/film your micro teaching session for them.
This popular course provides guidance on how to teach in a classroom environment, it is suitable for teachers/instructors in all walks of life. It is a requirement for HSE First Aid at Work Instructors but also suitable for a myriad of other subjects. Although intended for classroom use it is also used by a large number of professions, instructors and trainers outside the classroom such as driving instructors, personal trainers and anyone who requires a nationally recognised qualification for teaching/training adults.
You will be assigned a tutor who will keep an eye on your progress and provide support as required.
48 hours spread over 1-12 weeks
- Minimum age 18 years
- Minimum Level 2 in English (i.e. GCSE Grade C or higher)
- Access to a PC computer or Mac with broadband connection
As a distance learner you will complete the micro-teaching assignment by delivering to your peers and recording the session yourself or by setting up a skype connection with the assessor. Pearson Edexcel and TQUK, the awarding bodies for this course have announced new guidelines for learners that wish to record their own micro teach session or use Skype.
REQUIREMENTS TO RECORD YOUR OWN TEACHING SESSION
- Clear visual quality
- Clear audio quality
- Have minimum of 2 persons present to deliver to and gain feedback from (feedback templates will be provided)
- Everyone in camera view for the complete session
- Session recorded and burnt on to a disk (not returnable) preferably in an .mp4 format and posted to the training centre
REQUIREMENTS TO USE SKYPE
- Sufficient broadband width for Skype
- A Skype account (really easy to set up and use)
- Minimum two colleagues or associates to observe your presentation
- A smart phone or laptop with a camera and Skype as an app to view and stream your micro-teaching session
This is a 12-credit award. All credits can be used towards further and higher education qualifications. It contains three units:
- Understanding, roles and responsibilities and relationships in Education and Training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in Education and Training
- Understanding assessment in Education and Training
You will be required to complete three assignments (one for each unit) and complete your micro-teaching and feedback session. This can be recorded and sent to your tutor for assessing.
- Full access to the online course for 12 weeks
- Full telephone induction when you start the course
- Personal tutor for unlimited email support
- Guidance on completing the assignments
What's Not Included:
The course should be completed within 12 weeks of enrolment. If you have not completed the course within this time-frame then you may be able to extend the course for up to a further 8 weeks for a further fee (£180 at the time of writing), or apply for "special consideration" (due to sickness, bereavemnet etc.).
You can book this course online below. As soon as we have validated your booking you will receive course login details by email. You will then arrange a time for a telephone induction with your tutor. This course is provided by a third party training provider.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.