HELM(O) Human Element Leadership Management Operational
Despite some confusion, the HELM(O) course is not for helms or about helming. It is a three day shorebased course required by anyone undergoing officer training including anyone seeking a Master 200 Certificate of Competence (or above) or OOW 3000 Certificate of Competence (or above).
The course meets the mandatory requirements for training in the human element, leadership and management at the operational level as set out in Regulations II and III of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW). Students are provided with awareness and understanding of the key human factors influencing effective resource management.
- Minimum age 18
- For issue of a STCW HELM(O) certificate the candidate must have completed their first sea phase. For issue of a non STCW certificate no seatime is required.
This course is run off site at Hythe near Southampton. Training is provided by an external MCA Approved Training Provider.
The course is delivered by a mixture of lectures, discussion and group exercises and covers;
- Situation and risk assessment
- Situational awareness
- Shipboard training
- Cultural issues
- Team working and conflict management
- Effective leadership and management
- Workload management, fatigue and stress
- Three days shorebased training
- Course notes
- Lunch on site each day
- Free parking
What's Not Included:
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More