Sailing for School Groups
Forward thinking schools have long recognised the value of the outdoor classroom. Here at Stormforce Coaching we offer "School's Sailing". Teachers can bring groups to us for a session, a day or a series of sessions. The most popular option being weekly sessions. Groups can choose between PE sessions during the school day or after school sessions. While we offer several activities the most popular for schools are our SB20 keelboats. Youth sailors can work through the RYA Youth Sailing Scheme, achieving RYA certificates as they learn to sail. The three most common activities we offer are;
- Keel Boating (open 6m sailing boats)
- Yacht Sailing (larger sailing yachts with cabins)
RYA certificates are available for all disciplines.
The beauty of our SB20 keelboats are that they do not capsize and the children do not therefore need to wear wetsuits. Not only is this more hygienic than other watersports but it saves considerable time at the start and end of sessions as groups do not need to get changed twice. The result is they spend more time sailing.
We provide every sailor with a buoyancy aid or life jacket.
- To learn to sail (or powerboat)
- To have fun
- To enjoy a new outdoor sport
- To learn the importance of teamwork
- To experience adventure
Programmes and timings are bespoke to individual school groups.
- Use of the boats
- Loan of a bouyancy aid or life jacket
- RYA certification
What's Not Included:
- Travel between the school and our centre
- Meals (optional extra)
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to make a booking.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More