9-day Offshore Mile Builder
This 9-day course is aimed at two groups of sailors:
- Those progressing towards RYA Coastal Skipper and RYA Yachtmaster and require logged tidal miles
- Sailors who simply want to enjoy some good sailing
The courses spans two weekends and the week in between so you only have to take one week off from work.
To enjoy some longer distance sailing and visit harbours often out of range to our shorter courses.
Saturday 0930 to a week later Sunday 1600.
- RYA Competent Crew
- Minimum age 18
The exact itinerary is set by the skipper and based on the prevailing forecast. Destinations can include:
- Southern Ireland
- Scilly Islands
- North Brittany
- Belgium/ Holland
The crew meet on a Saturday morning, after a full safety brief they set sail and are unlikely to return to Shamrock Quay for 9-days. During the course the skipper will cover:
- Watch Patterns & Night Watches
- Offshore Position Fixing
- Crossing shipping lanes (by day and night)
- Foreign customs
- Passage Planning
- Long Term Forecasts (3-7 days ahead)
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on board
- Meals and snacks on board
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking ( subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£20/week to hire if required)
- Two evening meals ashore
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More