MCA STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats
This course is approved by the MCA according to the MNTB (Merchant Navy Training Board) standard for Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats), in compliance with the STCW A-VI/2-1 requirements.
5 days (with 7 hours training per day)
- Minimum age 18 years of age
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques or RYA Sea Survival
- 6 months sea service (training may be undertaken by individuals who have not achieved the sea service requirements and certification will be issued when proof of completion of six months sea service has been provided).
This course is provided by an affiliate MCA approved training provider.
A hands on practical training approach is taken to deliver this course in which lectures, videos, group discussions, and practical scenario based exercises with active delegate participation forms a compulsory part of the training and assessment. Assessmnet is ongoing, (both oral and practical) through involvement in the group exercises throughout the course. The course covers;
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Operate a survival craft engine
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Use locating devices, including communication signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics
- Apply first aid to survivors
- Course Manual
- Loan of necassary equipment
- STCW Cerificate
- Parking on site
What's Not Included:
- Accomadation (£20/night)
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to make a booking.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More