St. Thomas International Regatta 2018
The Crown Jewel of the Caribbean!
Centered around St Thomas Yacht Club, this regatta offers a quality blend of around the islands and windward/leeward race courses. The courses weave through the picturesque cuts and cays of the U.S. Virgins.
The exciting racing is topped off by live music every night, great food and camaraderie between the competitors ashore. With all the boats anchored in Cow Pit Bay all the competitors come together before and after racing at the St. Thomas Yacht Club giving the regatta a fantastic vibe. The St. Thomas International Regatta, now in its fourth year, is a world-class event renowned for its fantastic round the buoys and round the islands racing, first-class race committee, superb shore-side festivities and friendly can-do attitude towards its competitors
The St. Thomas International Regatta (STIR) is one of the newer regattas on the Caribben circuit, the organiers however have a life time of experience hosting other events. The race series consist of 10 races over three days and we have added the stand alone "Round the Rocks Race" to the package. Full training is included.
- Minimum age 18
- We expect all crew to have a basic competence in sailing, i.e. to be familiar with the points of sail, use of winches, handling lines and so on. In reality many crew who sign up for this package will be far more experienced. A mixed experience of crew works well for this event.
This is a six-day package in St. Thomas.
- 19 March 2018 - Evening Welcome in St. Thomas
- 20-21 March 2018 - Race Training St. Thomas
- 22 March 2018 - Round the Rocks Race (stand alone event)
- 23-25 March 2018 - St. Thomas International Regatta Racing
- 25 March 2018 - Prize Giving Ceremony
What's Included:WHOLE BOAT CHARTER BOOKINGS
- 2 days of pre-event race training in St Thomas
- 1 day Round the Rocks Race
- 3 days of Regatta racing
- Experienced racing skipper or owner's representative
- Race ready yacht with clean hull
- Loan of Lifejackets
- General boat expenses (diesel, gas etc.)
- Crew shirt each to wear for the event and take home as a momento
We recommend that crew rent accommodation ashore, however there is accommodation on board the yacht if required.
What's Not Included:WHOLE BOAT CHARTER BOOKINGS
- Accommodation ashore
- Flight, Transfers, Visas
- Meals & drinks
- First Mate (optional)
- Berthing & Race Entry Fees
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, or to make a booking.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More