Grenada Sailing Week 2018
Cold? Tired of winter? In need of some vitamin SEA? Grenada is the island to be!!
Grenada Sailing Week is considered to be the friendliest and most authentic Caribbean regatta. The most southerly Windward Island is definitely worth the trip! Welcome to the Spice of the Caribbean; a place where untouched beauty meets our warm people content with a simple way of life. Grenada offers a lifestyle so pure and authentic that you feel instantly renewed. Grenada is a rolling, mountainous island, covered with fragrant spice trees and tropical flowers. It's not called the Spice Island for nothing, you really can smell the nutmeg in the air on Grenada.
Grenada Sailing Week offers different playing fields- one in the calmer waters off St Georges and Grand Anse in the islands lee and in the open ocean conditions off the South coast. The first two days of racing are based from the Yacht Club, and the coastal race takes you to the south coast to Secret Harbour, where you will spend the final two days racing and the mid-week lay day where you will have the opportunity to explore this ‘spice island’s’ colourful bays and beautiful landscapes. This regatta showcases the beautiful island of Grenada whilst the varying race-courses add to the challenging and competitive nature of racing.
Whilst Grenada Sailing Week is one of the smallest regattas you will come across in the racing calendar, it is this that draws crews in and makes them want to return year after year. The joys of a smaller regatta are the friendly nature of all those involved and the personal feel. Over the week you will begin to recognise the faces of your competitors and have the chance to meet and become friends with some incredible people, including the event organisers, race officers, and some well-seasoned crew.
Once you’ve competed in Grenada, you’ll want to keep going back! Great racing, good wind, beautiful island, fun parties and a fantastic atmosphere!
2018 is our first year at the relativly new Grenada Sailing Week, it will be our second event of the season, hot on the heels of the Mount Gay Rum Barbados Regattas. This event is suitable for all levels of racing experience, including those new to yacht racing.
- Minimum age 18
- We expect all crew to have a basic competence in sailing, (i.e. to be familiar with the points of sail, use of winches, handling lines and so on). In reality many crew who sign up for this package will be far more experienced. A mixed experience of crew works well for this event and this particular event is suitable for those new to racing.
Sat 27 Jan 2018 - Welcome Evening
Sun 28 Jan 2018 - Training Day 1
Mon 29 Jan 2018 - Training Day 2
Tue 30 Jan 2018 - Race Day 1
Wed 31 Jan 2018 - Race Day 2
Thur 1 Feb 2018 - Lay Day
Fri 2 Feb 2018 - Race Day 3
Sat 3 Feb 2018 - Race Day 4
Sat 3 Feb 2018 - Prize Giving
Sun 4 Feb 2018 - Disembark (Morning)
WHOLE BOAT CHARTER BOOKINGS
- 2 days of pre-event race training in Grenada
- 4 days of Grenada Sailing Week Racing
- Lay day mid-week
- Race ready yacht with clean hull
- Experienced racing skipper
- General boat expenses (diesel and gas etc.)
- Accommodation on board, if required (although we reccomend you stay ashore)
- Crew shirt each to wear for the event and take home as a momento
INDIVIDUAL BERTH BOOKINGS
- Everything in the whole boat charter package above plus;
- Experienced first mate onboard
- Berthing in Grenada
- Race entry fees & entry to prize giving etc.
- Soft drinks & lunches onboard on all sailing days
What's Not Included:
- Accomadation ashore
- Flight, Transfers, Visas
- Breakfast and Dinners (self cater or eat ashore)
- Whole boat charters do not include
- First Mate
- Race Entry Fees
- Soft Drinks and Lunches
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More