BSAC Boat Handling
This course incorporates the following two courses into one:
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- BSAC Boat Handling
The course aims to introduce boat handling skills to those who will be driving powerboats to and from dive sites and supervising other divers. This course is suitable for any level of diver or dive boat driver.
2 Days - 0930 to 1700 hrs.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of diving would be beneficial.
The course covers:
- Different craft and their equipment
- Stowage of dive kit
- Basic boat handling
- Coming alongside and leaving moorings
- Laying and recovering shot lines
- Dropping and recovering divers
- Person overboard procedure
- High speed handling
- Voyage planning
- General safety
- Intro to navigtaion
The two days are largely practical with some short shorebased sessions. We have a maximum of three students per instructor and boat. You will spend time both driving and crewing. The course is taught using our 6, 7 and 8m RIBs.
- 2 days Instruction
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- BSAC Boat Handling Certificate
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate
- BSAC Boat Handling Pack
- BSAC Seamanship for Divers Book
- RYA Start Powerboating Handbook
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 per day)
- Lunch (available to buy locally)
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship E-Learning Course
- RYA ICC Power 10m (International powerboat licence)
Please contact the office for booking information on 02380 231122.
Warning: file(https://...@stormforce.administrateapp.com/cal/13) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 401 UNAUTHORIZED in /home/storm/public_html/class.iCalReader.php on line 59
|Time||Start Date||Location||Make Enquiry|
|We don't currently have any scheduled dates for this course. We can almost certainly still help, for, availability, and booking, please call the office on 02380 231122 or e-mail email@example.com.|
|Those dates don't work for me. Can you set up a 1:1 or private course?||Yes! Click to send us an e-mail|
|I want you to run this course at my location (good for groups and clubs). Can you?||Click to e-mail us your enquiry|
Please call the office on 02380 231 122 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to make a booking. If you have a group of people, we offer a small discount the more you bring along.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More
Doug, gives us his 7 top tips for getting your diesel engine ready for winter!More