RYA Keelboat Level 2 (Basic Skills)
This course aims for you to become a competent keelboat sailor in light winds. You will be introduced to sailing techniques, manoeuvres, rigging, mooring, safety and basic rules of the road. By the end of the course you should be able to sail in light winds without an instructor onboard.
We offer three variations of the RYA Keelboat Basic Skills Level 2 Course,
- Over a weekend 0930 to 1700 each day
- Two consecutive days mid-week 0930 to 1700
- Four summer evenings 1800 to 2130
- RYA Keelboat Start Sailing Level 1 or
- RYA Sail Cruising Level 1
- RYA Dinghy Sailing Level 1 or
The course covers rigging, points of sail, leaving and returning to pontoons, sailing efficiently and basic rules of the road. You will spend plenty time on the helm and crewing, which will help you become accustomed to all the terminology and to develop your techniques.
- 2 days shared use of one of our keelboats
- 2 days instruction
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Keelboat Basic Skills Level 2 Certificate
- Free Parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Hire of wet weather gear (£5 per day if required)
- Footwear / boots
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More