RYA Day Skipper/ICC Sail
To give students the skills required to skipper a cruising yacht in familiar waters by day. As we operate in the tidal waters of the Solent our students will be well equipped to sail in tidal and non-tidal waters.
We run this course in various formats, so you can choose the one that suits you from the following:
- "Split Weekend Option" - Five days spread over a three day and a two day weekend, (this page)
- "Week Option" - Five consecutive days, usually starting Saturday, Monday or Wednesday, (this page)
- "Combined Option" - Nine days (consecutive), Day Skipper Shorebased and Sail Practical back to back
- Minimum Age 16
- 5 days on board
- 100 miles logged
- 4 night hours on board a sailing yacht
- Navigation ability to the level of the RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Course
- Basic helming and sailing ability
- Able to helm close hauled
- Understand sail trim for close hauled, reaching and downwind sailing
- Know when a gybe is about to occur
- Able to hoist, reef and set sails and use a self tailing winch
Pilotage, boat handling, seamanship and navigation. This practical course gives you the chance to put all the skills learnt on the shorebased course into practice. Once you have passed the Day Skipper practical we are happy to also issue you with the ICC (International Certificate of Competence) for sail craft up to 24m (subject to RYA licence fee). The ICC is available to UK citizens and residents.
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on board
- Meals and snacks on board
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Day Skipper Sail Certificate
- Free Parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Hire of foul weather gear (£5/day if required)
- Berthing fees, away from the home port
- One evening meal (eaten ashore)
Recommended Pre-Course Reading and Useful Books:
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More