RYA Powerboat Safety Boat
To provide dinghy instructors, windsurf instructors, club race officers, club coaches, club safety boat drivers, escort boat crews and lifeboat crews the skills required to assist, recover and tow small craft and their crews.
Two Days of 0930 to 1700
- Minimum age 16 (essential)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (essential)
- RYA First Aid (recommended)
- RYA SRC (recommended)
The two days are spent learning how to cope with various forms of disabled craft (windsurfers, kayaks, canoes, single handed dinghies, double handed dinghies, kite surfers, multi hulls, keelboats) and of course people. While some sessions are shorebased, considerable time is devoted to the windsurfer, single hander and double handed dinghy rescue. Also covered is mark laying, race management, towing, safety boat positioning, lee shore rescue, communications, fleet management and other related topics.
- 2 days Instruction
- Use of one of our safety boats and other resources
- Loan of a buoyancy aid
- RYA Safety Boat Certificate
- Free parking on site ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wetsuit and spraytop (can be hired for £5 a day)
If the below dates do not suit you,please contact us as we may be able to arrange something around you.
Why choose Stormforce Coaching for this course?:
When we first became a Powerboat Training Centre our Principal had well over a decade of experience as a full time dinghy, multihull and windsurf Instructor. He had developed a range of techniques for coping with various craft. Another decade on and we have further developed these techniques. Over the years we have invested in various resources to ensure we can run this course properly.
You are guaranteed plenty of practical experience in up-righting, towing and dealing with single-handed dinghies, double handed-dinghies, other powerboats, windsurfers and kayaks. Few powerboat centres can provide the variety of resources to cover all of these scenarios in two days, but as with all of our courses we believe that your gaining hands on experience of the necassary skills is far more effective than sitting in a classroom watching slides about safety boating.
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More