RYA Keelboat Start Racing
The RYA Start Keelboat Racing course teaches all you need to know to get round the race course and have the confidence, skills and knowledge to take part in club racing in good conditions. This course is the start line for enjoying club racing.
The training takes place over 2 days (0930 to 1700 on day 1, with an earlier start on day 2 for the racing).
You should be qualified to RYA Keelboat Better Sailing Level 3 OR have the equivalent experience prior to joining the Start Keelboat Racing course.
The RYA Start Keelboat Racing course will teach you about effective boat preparation, equip you with boat handling skills and inform and prepare you for mark rounding, start lines, the course, race strategy, tactics and racing rules.
Day 1 of this short course is devoted to specialist training. On day 2, you will have the opportunity to put into practice your new-found skills and techniques as you crew in one of the RSYC Club races as part of either the Frostbite Series, Spring Seres or Winter Series. This is an exciting way to learn and the best way to reinforce the training from Day 1.
- 2 days shared use of one of our performance racing keelboats
- 2 days of instruction
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Start Keelboat Racing Certificate
- Entry fees for a RSYC race
- Free Parking ( Subject to terms & conditions )
What's Not Included:
- Wet weather gear (£5/day hire if required)
Dates & Prices will load below shortly, and you can book online, call the team in the office on +442380 231122, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot see dates you require, please do get in touch as we may still be able to assist. VAT is included in all our course/charter/race fees where it is applicable, most products are charged at the standard rate, however some are at the reduced rate, zero rate or not eligible for VAT at all. Any way the price below is the price you pay.
Test your Knowledge!
Fancy trying your luck on one of our Quizzes?Take a Quiz!
- Our team aboard SB20 "New Hope" sailed to victory over the weekend winning both races at the RSYC Frostbite Championships and being awarded the "Boat Club" Trophy More
- All of us at Stormforce Coaching wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Palpatine has sailed from Gran Canaria to St Lucia in just under 20 days! More
- Luke, our Course Advisor is now Principal! More
Doug, gives us his top tips for getting your outboard engine ready for winter!More